Saturday, September 6, 2008

Tropical Storm Hanna, Birthday Edition

Tomorrow is this kid's 6th birthday:



Happy birthday, baby!

(This is a Choose Your Own Adventure book she's holding. I read almost all of the ones that were available when I was a kid. Never in a million a years did I envision myself buying one of these for my 6-year-old someday. But that's another post.)

THIS kid's birthday isn't until Thursday:


But watching her sister open her presents was just too much for her, so we let her open one of hers. She chose the package that contained this dress, which is just too cute for words.

This guy's birthday isn't until December, but isn't he handsome?


We're also riding out tropical storm Hanna here today. So far, so good. We settled in and watched Nim's Island, and baked these:


Just like the name says, these are the best chocolate chip cookies you'll ever have. Seriously.

And Bella did a little of this out in the pouring rain:


Julie napped.

What a day!

2 comments:

Garden State Kate said...

We can't wait to see you gals!
Happy Birthday B!!
Dad looks adorable in his B-Day crown.
;-)

Garden State Kate said...

OK, Your book looks so much different from the one I found at B&N...let me know if she wants me to exchange it...